Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Racer License Agreement

Hello,

I just purchased the Pro Racer package and it says I need to fax the license agreement back. I won't have access to a fax machine for some time and I was hoping to be able to use the software this weekend. I can sign, scan, and email you the agreement in PDF format, is that acceptable?

Thanks!!
    Riley
    2002 GT - Forged 5.0L - KB 2.6L w/Relocated Bypass - ID1000 - JLT High Boost CAI - VMP3500 MAF - MAC Longtubes - Cobra Fuel Tank - Fore Hat w/GT pumps - Dual FPDM

I now have another issue:

When I first installed the software, the Advantage client wouldn't load. So I ran the update client and it updated the .NET framework and then crashed. Then neither Advantage OR the update client would run. I got a fatal exception every time.

I found a couple of ZIP files posted by the SCT guys that had a new updater and DLLs. That got the updater working. So, I updated everything but now I get this when I try and load Advantage.

Riley
    2002 GT - Forged 5.0L - KB 2.6L w/Relocated Bypass - ID1000 - JLT High Boost CAI - VMP3500 MAF - MAC Longtubes - Cobra Fuel Tank - Fore Hat w/GT pumps - Dual FPDM

Comment

Skud:

Not a computer nerd here but have you got the latest version of .NET Framework? Go to the microsoft site, the support, then search for "*.NET" and you'll see versions 1, 2, and 3 files but I think you only need version 2. I had different (but similar) message and updating the .NET stuff worked. Can't say if this will do the trick but it's worth a shot, imo.

Chris
      Last edited by nyuk98gt; 08-24-2007, 05:47 PM.
      2012 GT RTR 6MT; white & black
      * 3.73's, FRPP ProCal tune
      1998 GT w/4R70W (black & grey), SXA2 - gone but not forgotten

Pro Racer Calibrations: ZFK2 (coming) & NFC1

Comment

I have the latest version of the .NET framework. I have 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 installed. All windows updates are done as well.

Riley

Comment

SCT - I respect your weekends and the right to have them off. I know the feeling. But - I'm stuck with an unusable piece of software due to your copy protection. Again, I can understand where you're coming from, but if it's going to be this much of an inconvenience to your customers then you could at least have some sort of automated way to get it activated and support your product.

Riley

Comment

Yeah...

A-fricken-men
            2003 Lincoln Aviator (SCT Pro Racer tuned)
            2005 F250 HD ed. 6.0 PSD (soon to be SCT Pro Racer tuned)
            2003 Cobra (SCT chip)
            2002 Wrx (Link 44s ECU)
            1988 RX7 TII (Microtech LT8)
            1992 4x4 Suburban (still looking for tuning support)
            1981 Jeep 4x4 (not sure what to do with it)

Comment

What copy protection are you talking about?? Did you ever get this sorted out??

Comment

Originally posted by MRivera@SCT
                What copy protection are you talking about??
                The inability to use the software until it's activated by fax. But - you helped me about a few days later to get it activated.

Originally posted by MRivera@SCT
                Did you ever get this sorted out??
                No, I'm still having the problem where I can't run the software on any of my PCs. I'm the one who has my machines on a Windows domain and it doesn't work.

Riley

Comment

Working...
                X