ZF 6 Speed auto support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZF 6 Speed auto support

Looks like I originally posted this in the wrong section, however, when are we likely to see the ZF 6 speed support for the Australian vehicles? How long will this take? I assume the current flash boxes will not be able to reprogram the TCM for the ZF, and will require new hardware.

As we are now seeing many hi powered XR6T and F6 ZF's around exhibiting 2-3 shift issues and also the desire to run higher stall converters this development cannot come soon enough.

Thanks.

Jason.
    SCT Dealer.

what year vehicles, and do these have Ford TCM or ZF TCM controllers, if you know.

Thanks

Ryan

Comment

Hello Ryan

I am also very keen to see support for the 2006 ZF 6HP26/X 6 Speed Automatic Transmission.

The information and emanuals I have on the BF range of vehicles describes the transmission to include the following.

Internal Transmission Control Module (TCM) which incorporates TCM monitoring functions including Electronically Erasable Program Read Only Memory (EEPROM) Monitoring.

For more information please PM me

Branching Technologies
      SCT Dealer.
      Last edited by RACEGT; 12-29-2006, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Some additional information

CAUTION: Should you be required to reprogram the TCM the following criteria must be observed:-

The transmission fluid temperature must be below 80°C.
        Park (P) or Neutral (N) selected
        The handbrake firmly applied

The TCM for the transmission is mounted on top of the main control valve body. The control module for the transmission has been designed to operate
        correctly in the environment in which the TCM is located.

The transmission control module is activated and deactivated by the ignition supply and is connected to the transmission link harness by a 16-way connector.

The TCM controls the operation of the transmission. The TCM processes information received in both analogue and digital form such as:

Transmission input speed
        Output speed
        Throttle pedal position
        Gear selector position
        Engine Torque
        Engine speed
        Transmission fluid temperature
        Brake pedal status
        Engine oil temperature
        Coolant temperature
        ABS wheel speed

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@SCT
          what year vehicles, and do these have Ford TCM or ZF TCM controllers, if you know.

Thanks

Ryan
          Hi Ryan,

The vehicles in question are the MkI BF Falcon/Territory range, build dates from September '05 onwards (may not be exact month, but close enough). Processor code A5HE is a vehicle equipped with the ZF 6HP26 transmission.

The trans is controlled from the ZF TCM integral to the transmission, located above the valve body assembly. Yep, as mentioned by RACEGT, the trans computer is within the trans itself! It's fllash upgradable by the dealer only at this stage, but does not allow for any program modifications.

Regards,
          Jason.

Comment

Bump.

Anyone..................................

Comment

While we can't put a date on when the ZF trans will be supported, we are working on it as the same trans is used in some applications in the US as well.

Thanks
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave@SCT
                While we can't put a date on when the ZF trans will be supported, we are working on it as the same trans is used in some applications in the US as well.

Thanks
                Dave
                Will they be flashable from from the Xcal2? Will it just be a matter of having additional information in the tune? I have an BF Turbo mark II and an Xcal2?

Thanks for the info,

Dallas

Comment

It will be flashed with the Xcal 2 and trans parameters will be added to the tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave@SCT
                    It will be flashed with the Xcal 2 and trans parameters will be added to the tune.
                    And when will this be happening , are you guys still working on the lincon navigator transmission and have you had any luck with it .We are realy in trouble over here without being able to program these transmissions

Comment

Lets Get this thread up and going again........it has been a long overdue topic.

Comment

yeah, I'd like some more info too...

Comment

Sniper software has just been released over here with promises of being able to tune the 6 speed auto coming very shortly, potential customers are seriously considering using tuners with this software rather than our software.

Comment

I have already been looking at the snipper tunning software package.
                            I see BPT are already using this software package in WA.

Comment

Originally posted by RACEGT
                              I have already been looking at the snipper tunning software package.
                              I see BPT are already using this software package in WA.
                              I've seen some of their post on some forums and they are convincing many punters it is a better system than we are using at present and actually covers more features than what we have and the 6 speed stuff is very appealing to a lot of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X