Advantage III GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantage III GM

Ryan< James>Mike> having problems with GM setup. I have a corvette to tune on but cant seem to get advantage to work. Do you use the whole Vin#? I tried the whole vin#, i tried Partial Vin #, I tried just the 8th digit, it always comes up not data base found. what is the proper way to start a GM file. Thanks Paul

you need to enter all 17 digits of the vin number.

Ryan

Comment

corvette

Originally posted by Ryan@SCT
      you need to enter all 17 digits of the vin number.

Ryan
      ryan my advantage says data base not found. the vin# is1g1yy22gx15123044 its an 03 corvette. what am i am doing wrong?

Comment

1g1yy22gx15123044 opened up for me.

Did you recently add support for GMs?

If so, are you able to open any GMs by VIN?

If you have already added the GM database or have had access to it...
        Go into My Computer/Program Files/SCT...

Look for more than one Advantage III folder. There may be one with a space and one without a space. If there are two folders, look in them to see which one has the ".vin" files. One folder will have only vin files, and one will have everything else about advantage. Copy the .vin files and paste them into the folder that has everything else. Re-try opening by VIN.

This is of course assuming you have access to GM files.
        Mike Thornhill @ SCT
        Email: MT@sctflash.com
        Check out SCT's On-Line Training
        http://sctflash.com/scttraining.php

Comment

gm

Originally posted by MThornhill@SCT
          1g1yy22gx15123044 opened up for me.

Did you recently add support for GMs?

If so, are you able to open any GMs by VIN?

If you have already added the GM database or have had access to it...
          Go into My Computer/Program Files/SCT...

Look for more than one Advantage III folder. There may be one with a space and one without a space. If there are two folders, look in them to see which one has the ".vin" files. One folder will have only vin files, and one will have everything else about advantage. Copy the .vin files and paste them into the folder that has everything else. Re-try opening by VIN.

This is of course assuming you have access to GM files.
          Mike i put the vin file into the advantage 3 main folder, now i get a dongle key error. no dongle key found. i had the GM in a seperate folder so i opened it compied vin files and pasted into the AdvIII main folder. was that what you were saying? nothing works now update ect. no dongle key found!! what now?

Comment

dcxd discription not available

Mike,
            Got Advantage to work had to reload the software now i have this statement come up every time i open a file or saved tune. ( DCXD Driscriptions not Available) Any ideas on how to fix that. I did the updates and i am up to ADVIII 3.2 build 65, I also have an Auto Update Error,and when i Use the Advantage Software to update it says ( [B]Object reference not set to an instance of an Object What do i need to do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance
            Last edited by mach1_man; 08-15-2007, 03:43 AM.

Comment

DCXDescriptions is a file that is not being updated at this time, you can just click ok for that one and everything will be fine..

For the update error. I'm getting it too, we have communicated the problem and should see it correctly shortly. Hang Tight.
              Mike Thornhill @ SCT
              Email: MT@sctflash.com
              Check out SCT's On-Line Training
              http://sctflash.com/scttraining.php

Comment

If you are trying to update and you are receiving either of the following two errors:

-Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

-The action being performed on this control is being called from the wrong thread. You must marshal to the correct thread Control.Invoke or Control.BeginInvoke to perform this action.
                If you are still having problems, or you are getting errors such as:

-Client.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

Download this file, and extract all of its contents directly into your advantage III folder.

Once extracted, click on and run the Update Client from the Advantage III folder.

(New Attachment to include both updates)
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X