Just Got My Tuner. Have a few ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got My Tuner. Have a few ?s

I just got mine for my 2004 Silverado Z71. Was it supposed to come with a USB cable for updates and files sent from my programmer?

Also, I ran into a couple "security errors" while trying to save my stock tune.

What caused this?

Nevermind the thumbs down. For some reason I thought that was a question mark when I selected it!

Comment

Wow, no help?

How about the email updating. From my dealer, I was informed this was not available yet for GM. Any release date on this?

Comment

davo32683 the unit is not supposed to come with a usb cable. What version is the firmware on your unit? You can find this by plugging up the device and scolling down to device info. Hit select and the latest version should be FW Rev 1.5. If it isn't I personally recommend returning the vehicle to stock. Install the Live update 220 attachment and then save the xcal2-gm-v1.5.zip to a folder. Open the Live update and it will walk you through the process. This will update your handheld to the latest and greatest firmware

If the updating you are talking about is emailing tunes, well unfortunately it isn't available yet. I have been waiting on this feature to become available for over a year.-j
        Attached Files
        HensonPerformance,Inc.
        www.hensonperformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by davo32683
          Also, I ran into a couple "security errors" while trying to save my stock tune.

What caused this?
          It is normal to get a security delay during the flashing process. Thanks-j
          HensonPerformance,Inc.

Comment

Mine is version 1.5. I have no problems loading now. I just have to remove the fuse for my radio since it's related to the security on my truck.

Comment

Gotcha! Just thought I would give you the information just in case.
              HensonPerformance,Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X