Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to add new PIDs to the pre-canned list of datalogging parameters on the X4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to add new PIDs to the pre-canned list of datalogging parameters on the X4?

I want to datalog a few things on the X4 without having to take my laptop with me. There is a limited list of PIDs built into the X4, but not what I need to log. According to the how-to, How To Set and Edit Gauge Inputs for your X4, "We have preset the most common equations as a list to choose from," but is there any was to change the list (add new PIDs)?

You can use Livelink Gen-II to create a custom gauge configuration with PIDs of your choice. You first need to connect the computer to your device while at the vehicle and then validate all items. Once you do that, you can choose which PIDs you want to monitor, configure the datalog, and then export that to the device.

Comment

Thanks, Nick! I tried that a few times previously, but Livelink threw an error each time (I don't recall the exact message at the moment). I will try again this evening.

Comment

Attach screenshots of the error messages to this thread if you receive them again.

Comment

Working...
        X