Automatic Transmission Firmer Shifts in Advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Transmission Firmer Shifts in Advantage

Through the Advantage software I'm attempting to emulate the X4's on-device "25% firmer shifts" feature. In Advantage, there are a number of torque reduction tables under Trans Torque Reduction (Torque Reduction for 12 Shift, 23 Shift, 34 Shift, etc.). When I raise all the values in these tables by 25%, my shifts actually get softer than stock. So I thought, "okay, these are torque reduction tables, so these values must hold the amount of torque to reduce, so perhaps I need to go the other way with the values." So I then reset all the values in these tables to default and then lowered all the values by 25% and my shifts still became softer than stock.

In the Advantage software, how can I emulate the X4's on-device "25% firmer shifts" feature? One reason (of several reasons) why I want to do this is because, while on the on-device firmer shifts feature does work for my car, other features do not (idle rpm control, for one of several examples: when I use the X4's pre-canned tune, my car idles around 1,500 RPM, and the on-device rpm settings have no effect).
    Last edited by XLR8; 01-02-2020, 01:49 PM.
Working...
X