Eliminator product question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminator product question

hey there i recieved a chip from a friend that claims that he never used ... at any rate it was ordered for either a 2001 mustang gt or a 2003 mustang mach 1 its never been used i need to make sure that it will work for my car i have a 2002 mustang gt both cars are 5 speeds both are modded 4.6l engines any how the serial number i believe that is on the chip is EZC15DRAN-S1029 which chip is this and what do or should i do before installing it into my car also if it needs to be reprogramed and if this is the switch chip where might i find a dealer near killeen to get the remote switch for the chip

thanks
    Last edited by 02stang; 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM.

is anyone gonna reply to this???

Comment

In order for this chip to work on your car both cars would need to have the same PCM code, or catch code.

IF the cars have different PCM codes then the chip will need to be reburned for use with "your catch code".

The catch code is a 4 digit alphanumeric code that should be on the PCM near the connector to the wiring harness.

you need to
      1. determine what your cars catch code is.
      2. ask your buddy what HIS catch code is...

If they are the same, plug it in and have fun.
      If they are not the same, you need to find a tuner/dealer that will reburn the chip for you.

hope this helps
      '98 Lincoln Mark VIII-BTC0-4.6 DOHC-4R70W-327's
      stone stock
      ---
      '95 Lincoln Mark VIII-DZA1-4.6 DOHC-4R70W-373's -stolen 04-08-08

Comment

Originally posted by 02stang
        i believe that is on the chip is EZC15DRAN-S1029

thanks
        that is just the serial number on the chip.. it means nothing in regards to your question.

Do you know who originally tuned that chip?
        Find out from your buddy and then approach that dealer and inquire about reburning your chip.
        stone stock
        ---

Comment

Originally posted by XLRVIII
          that is just the serial number on the chip.. it means nothing in regards to your question.

Do you know who originally tuned that chip?
          Find out from your buddy and then approach that dealer and inquire about reburning your chip.

actualy the serial number does mean something in regards to my questions.. if u read i asked what chip it is

Comment

Originally posted by 02stang
            actualy the serial number does mean something in regards to my questions.. if u read i asked what chip it is
            If I had to guess I'd say it was the SCT 6600 series chip that has an exposed circuit board rather than a chip that is fully enclosed in an aluminum housing.

The fact remains the same as I posted above in regards to the catch code on your PCM... that serial number isn't going to "change the facts".

If this information doesnt answer your question, feel free to either
            1. wait until someone SCT can find time to answer your question
            2. give SCT a call on the phone.

Good Luck.

As for the switch, you dont need a local dealer... for instance
            Justin @ VPMtuning.com sells then on his website for 25ish dollars I believe, as do other dealers who frequently post on this site...

Hit the front page of SCTflash.com and put your zip code in the dealer locator... that will show the closest dealer to you.
            stone stock
            ---

Comment

Originally posted by XLRVIII
              If I had to guess I'd say it was the SCT 6600 series chip that has an exposed circuit board rather than a chip that is fully enclosed in an aluminum housing.

The fact remains the same as I posted above in regards to the catch code on your PCM... that serial number isn't going to "change the facts".

If this information doesnt answer your question, feel free to either
              1. wait until someone SCT can find time to answer your question
              2. give SCT a call on the phone.

Good Luck.

As for the switch, you dont need a local dealer... for instance
              Justin @ VPMtuning.com sells then on his website for 25ish dollars I believe, as do other dealers who frequently post on this site...

Hit the front page of SCTflash.com and put your zip code in the dealer locator... that will show the closest dealer to you.

thanks for your help as far as the code on the pcm i know about that did a lil research before i got to this point just couldn't find anyone that might know at least with in a close shot which chip i had it is a bare chip with a blue j connector on one side and a black 4 prong plug on the other unfortunitly i work the same hours as sct does so the forum is what i have i found a dealer where i am just have to take it up there saturday thanks for your help tho also i have found the switch on the net for anywhere between 15 to 25 bucks
              so i'm good there i just prefer a dealer cause i don't have to wait for it to come in the mail if they have it

Comment

You will need to have it reporgramed for your vehicle.

the switch/cable can be purchased by any of our dealers. You may want to call a local dealer and see if they have any in stock.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                X