This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xcal2 Support Faq

As we answer questions in this forum and move them to the archive, we will add frequently asked questions to this list.

Q: I downloaded and installed the drivers but my computer says device not ready each time I try to run Live Update.

A: Check Device manager and make sure the USB drivers are loaded. You can access device manager by clicking on the start button, going to settings, and control panels. In control panels, there is a system icon. Double click that and it will open the system properties. In there you will find a device manager tab or button. Also, the XCAL2 does not support windows NT or early Windows 98 systems.

---------------

Q: When I received my Xcal2 I noticed that the case was somewhat loose. What I mean by this is that the two halves are not snaped together tightly, I have not oppened the unit. I also noticed that it looks like the "Void Warranty" sticker has been torn. Last night when preparing to data log, had to flash a tune with adaptive disabled, I could not get the buttons to work. I had to squeeze that two halves together, where it says "Ford", so I could use the select button.

A: If you recieved it that way, we will warranty it. It may have been damaged in shipping. It sounds like you may want to contact the dealer and get it replaced.

---------------

Q: Hey guys im wondering if the XCal2 Will work on my 2003 Saleen S-281SC (SuperCharged). From Factory Saleen Flashes the PCM for the supercharger, Injectors etc you guys know......I recently dynoed and am running a 14.0 A/F under boost and i need a tune for the upcoming mods i have (TB, Pulley, 90mm LMAF, Pump, 42#injectors). So if someone could Claryify that the Xcal 2 will overwrite the Saleen Flash with out any problems please let me know.

A: The xcal2 will work on your Saleen just fine.

---------------

Q: I recieved My Xcal2 today. In the instructions it states Disconnect the Fuel pump and fan Fuses....Where are those located exactly and what do they look like?

A: This depends on what model/year vehicle you own. The Fuel pump and fan fuses are usually listed in your owners manual and also inside the fusepanel cover. Pulling the fuses is necessary on all 96-97 vehicles, but may not be necessary in other years (although we do recommend it). We recommend it because it prevents battery drain during flashing, which may cause problems if your battery is low.

---------------

Q: anybody using xcal2 and LM-1 yet? I assume I need a special or certain type of cable to link the two. anyone know which or where to get it? Do I need to do any setup within the innovate software for the voltage setup or anything? Similar to using the rpm convertor? Or is it plug and play?

A: the LM1 should have a cable that goes to 3 wires. The Xcal2 can use a 9 pin mini din, and connect to those three wires for both analog inputs. You will need to connect 2 wires together, as currently there is no plug and play harness for the X2 to every available wideband. Here is a picture of the pin-out:

to make it read in livelink you need to use the formula: 1.6*v+8

---------------

Q: Is SCT Advantage included or available with the XCalibrator 2. If so, when will this be available to download on www.sctflash.com?

A: Some SCT dealer website state that they can now unlock the full potential of the XCAL2 using Advantage III (3.0). This means that dealers have obtained the latest SCT Dealer software, called Advantage 3.0. With Advantage 3.0, the dealer can program any customer's XCAL2 to add adjustable user options.

Advantage is available to customers in the "RACER PRO PACKAGE". This is a software upgrade that can be purcahsed with any SCT chip or flash tool. With this Racer Pro Package, you can use the same powerful tool to tune your vehicle that SCT dealers have.

---------------

Q: Can the Xcal2 read codes from ANY OBD II ford vehicle? I have a friend with a 2001 Focus that needs a code read. Can it do it?

A: Yes, it can read OBD2 codes from any ford vehicle

---------------

Q: I just installed my CAI on my 2005 mustang gt and used an 87 octane tune from a dealer. I drove it around a bit and then got a CEL and the message center displayed FAILSAFE ENGINE MODE. I checked the SCT2 and got these codes. P061b, P2106.

A: You need to make sure they setup your tune for the cold air kit. If they didn't you will have problems with the CEL light and it going into failsafe mode

---------------

Q: hi i have a xcal 2 and i told the guy that i take my order to shut off the rear o2 sensor,but when going to the dealer this morning i realize that my 95 crown victoria p71 have 2 catalyser each side. Is there any HP gain from removing those?

A: In reality, you won't see much power gain with removing the rear cats. By the time the exhaust gets there, the gasses have cooled off alot and don't cause a lot of backpressure....

--------------

Q: Where can I get the 9-pin mini-din connector?

A: we sell these at SCT, as do many SCT dealers. I am not aware of any local store other than an SCT dealer that may carry this.

--------------

Q: I have noticed posts about 2 step and seen it in the Xtreme Tune software.

I have a few questions

1. What is 2 step?
    2. What is 2 step used for or why do you use it?
    3. What does it do?

A: A two step is a type of rev limiter that is used in drag racing. It allows a lower rev limiter for launching and a higher limiter when moving. This allows either more consistant launches, or the ability to change it based on changing track conditions. A slipperyier track would want a lower launch RPM.

--------------

Q: I have an 04 Cobra running a 2.2 KB blower. My ECU was flashed to handle the 13#'s I am running. My question is, being that I no longer have the stock AMZ1 program in my ECU, Can I still use the X2?

A: yes unlike some of the other flashers out there, we can flash over a flashed pcm.

--------------
    Q: friend of mine bought an xcl2 from a dealer. It has never been plugged in or tuned. If the dealer emails a tune and he loads it into the unit, how does he get the stock tune into the xcal?

A: The first time you go to flash the vehicle's processor - it will suck the stock program from the processor and store it.

--------------

Q: Is there a way you can reverse how the traction control works.
    When you start the car the traction control is on but the light is off, when you press the button traction control is off and the light is on.

A: It cannot be reversed in the PCM and we cannot change the way the light works.

Wide Band commander and Xcal2

I have a Wide Band commander, and it has 3 different type of
    analog out puts, I need to know witch one will work with the
    Xcal2?

Thanks..

0-5v analog, 0-5mA analog and programmable-output analog

And finally my Wide Band Commander,
    DynoJet analog wire colors are:

white/yellow, white/green and black/white.

white/orange for the programmable output.
    Last edited by _J_; 07-29-2006, 08:57 PM.
    1998 4.6L 32v SVT Cobra
    Built 324ci, Twin GT3037 57Trim HKS Turbo(s)
    WPM build setup/install. {RIP}

2000 Roush Custom Vert.- Stage #2 - #2035
    Twin Garrett T3 Super 60 Trim Turbo(s)

RPM 4.2L v6
    TMA v2 Twin Turbo kit 16psi 611rwhp 570tq

4.2L motor (v2 TT ): RPM Built 4.2L v6 motor, TMA v2 TT 15.4psi 10.6 @ 133.25MPH 1/4
    street trim, 93 pump gas only, 1.798 60ft, on 18" DR's with 4046lb Race Weight.

Perfected by HPMustangs

Comment

this is the correct pinout.

Ryan
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

any help on the other questions..

Thanks again..
        1998 4.6L 32v SVT Cobra

RPM 4.2L v6

4.2L motor (v2 TT ): RPM Built 4.2L v6 motor, TMA v2 TT 15.4psi 10.6 @ 133.25MPH 1/4

Perfected by HPMustangs

Comment

I will try to read into the dynojet wideband and post answers later hopefully tonight, but probaly in the morning.

You want to wire it unto the acquisition link wiring, based on that diagram. Connect those 3 wires together, and it creates 2 points to connect to our product.

You do need to cut the cable that plugs into the Xcalibrator 2 and then splice into the matching wires/pinout. We leave them extension cables, so if you wanted to extend if, you can simply purchase 2 cables.

Ryan

Comment

Just to let everyone know the formula for Wide Band commander
            and livelink is: 1.6*v+10 (tested)

and 1.6*v+8 for LM1 (posted by Brian@SCT)

Ryan thanks again for your help .. everything is working 100% ..
            Last edited by _J_; 10-07-2005, 08:00 PM.
            1998 4.6L 32v SVT Cobra

RPM 4.2L v6

Perfected by HPMustangs

Comment

what does this enable you to do? i have a djwbc and xcal2

Originally posted by _J_
              I have a Wide Band commander, and it has 3 different type of
              analog out puts, I need to know witch one will work with the
              Xcal2? and I have 3 cables for each analog output but the
              xcal2 only use two cable per-analog connections, I also need
              to know witch of the 3 cables needs to be connected and how.
              Thanks..

0-5v analog, 0-5mA analog and programmable-output analog

BTW: one more thing, what device the analog input to the
              Wide Band most be connected to for the xcal2 to read analog single anyways?

also is this diagram correct?

And finally my Wide Band Commander by: DynoJet analog cables
              colors are:

white/yellow, white/green and black/white.

white/orange for the programmable output.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin03cobra
                what does this enable you to do? i have a djwbc and xcal2
                it enables you to datalog A/F on the same chart as the other parameters with the xcal2. Your xcal2 has 2 analog inputs for this reason. You need to get the 9-pin mini din cable, unless you already have it. There are wiring diagrams on this forum (if you do a search) that show which wires to use. Just type in the formula to convert the 5-volt reference to an actual A/F numerical reading, and you're all set. I use it when datalogging, turns out to be useful info. Alot better than datalogging normal parameters with the xcal2 and having to use the djwbc datalogger to log a/f alone...this way you have it all in one chart/graph

Chad
                White GT
                01 Saleen - 10.75@121
                04 GSXR 1000
                00 Mobius V
                Ranger

Comment

thanks for the help

Comment

How do we select parameters on the Xcal 2 so that when we datalogg, not everything is selected overloading the graph? My tuner's system with SCT Full Racers package and Raptor does this, and we couldn't figure out how do to it with the datalogging with the XCal 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Midtex01GT
                      How do we select parameters on the Xcal 2 so that when we datalogg, not everything is selected overloading the graph? My tuner's system with SCT Full Racers package and Raptor does this, and we couldn't figure out how do to it with the datalogging with the XCal 2.
                      While simple, it sounds like you need to click the check box next to the parameter so it doesn't display that parameter on the graph.
                      Justin Starkey
                      VMP Tuning - SCT Ford & GM Tuner - Mobile Dynojet 224xLC, Mustang GT V6 Shelby GT500 F150 4.2 4.6 5.4
                      Phone: 321-206-9369
                      Email: Justin@VMPTuning.com
                      Shop vehicles:
                      2007 Shelby GT500 with FRPP Ford Racing Blower Upgrade 590RWHP with stock pulley, FRPP intake, and VMP Tune
                      2006 F250 CC 4x4 6.0L 14.3 @ 93
                      2000 Mustang 3.8 A4 TT 450RWHP/475RWTQ 10.9@127 @17psi stock motor
                      2006 Mustang 4.0 M5 Vortech 15psi 395RWHP/374RWTQ wife's car

Comment

Justin/Jeremy--I think I figured it out--We have to have the XCal2 hooked up to the car and to the computer and then click the little graph icon just under file at the top of the computer screen. I just never found it. I finally went and looked at the XCAL video file stickied at the top of the forum. We can finish your car now Jeremy!!

Joe
                        99 Cobra 'Vert, forged motor, Live Axle, GT4082 turbo, TKO-500 trans.

Comment

Sweet Joe! I am off Tues if you are...had too much going on today with Church activities...

Comment

Originally posted by _J_
                            Just to let everyone know the formula for Wide Band commander
                            and livelink is: 1.6*v+10 (tested)

and 1.6*v+8 for LM1 (posted by Brian@SCT)

Ryan thanks again for your help .. everything is working 100% ..

I was under the impression that by entering this formula into the configuration for my analog 1 that it should readout at the appropriate a/f ratio on the graph (eg. 14.7). I tried it and all I can get is the voltage that it incoming from my WBC at around 3V. Why isn't livelink recognizing the formula that I entered?

Comment

It should display the airfuel ratio in the datalog.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                              X