This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XCalibrator 2 pdf extended manual.

As per the request of not enough documentation on the original Xcalibrator 2's user's guide, attached is a more indepth manual on how to use the Xcalibrator2.

Ryan
    Attached Files

Ryan, i couldnt even read it.It doesnt say English anywhere to choose from?
    the file opens but its unreadable!?

Comment

No problems for me..
      Justin Starkey
      VMP Tuning - SCT Ford & GM Tuner - Mobile Dynojet 224xLC, Mustang GT V6 Shelby GT500 F150 4.2 4.6 5.4
      Phone: 321-206-9369
      Email: Justin@VMPTuning.com
      Shop vehicles:
      2007 Shelby GT500 with FRPP Ford Racing Blower Upgrade 590RWHP with stock pulley, FRPP intake, and VMP Tune
      2006 F250 CC 4x4 6.0L 14.3 @ 93
      2000 Mustang 3.8 A4 TT 450RWHP/475RWTQ 10.9@127 @17psi stock motor
      2006 Mustang 4.0 M5 Vortech 15psi 395RWHP/374RWTQ wife's car

Comment

Ryan,

No problem downloading here either. While I haven't got a chance to read it yet, thanks to you and your fellow SCT'ers for getting this to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@SCT
          As per the request of not enough documentation on the original Xcalibrator 2's user's guide, attached is a more indepth manual on how to use the Xcalibrator2.

Ryan
          Ryan,
          Perhaps you or Justin can answer this. I installed 4:10 gears in my 05 'Stang 4.0. No problem changing ratio with Advantage/.llf file. However if I go back to "Stock" how do I change the parameter so my speedo will operate correctly? I did not see this covered in the manual. By the way, the manual is otherwise very helpful. I would, however, like to see a more detailed explanation as to setting up the various parameters.
          Thanks,
          Ron
          Last edited by Racer3; 12-31-2005, 10:27 AM.

Comment

When flashing back to stock you are doing exactly that, going pack to a 100% stock file. No changes can be made to the stock file stored in the X2, otherwise people could flash there car back to stock with a modified tune and then sell the x-cal2, which would defeat the purpose of vin locking.

Now if you just want a stock tune to play with then you can get your dealer to send you a .xtr or .ll3 file and load it into position 1, 2 or 3 on the X2.
            Justin Starkey
            VMP Tuning - SCT Ford & GM Tuner - Mobile Dynojet 224xLC, Mustang GT V6 Shelby GT500 F150 4.2 4.6 5.4
            Shop vehicles:
            2007 Shelby GT500 with FRPP Ford Racing Blower Upgrade 590RWHP with stock pulley, FRPP intake, and VMP Tune

Comment

Originally posted by Justin00Stang
              When flashing back to stock you are doing exactly that, going pack to a 100% stock file. No changes can be made to the stock file stored in the X2, otherwise people could flash there car back to stock with a modified tune and then sell the x-cal2, which would defeat the purpose of vin locking.

Now if you just want a stock tune to play with then you can get your dealer to send you a .xtr or .ll3 file and load it into position 1, 2 or 3 on the X2.
              Justin,
              As always, thanks. Since you are my Dealer I should have asked you to start. Please send me a stock file I can mod with Advantage software. I appreciate your offer very much. send to racer03@rhtc.net
              Thanks,
              Ron

Comment

Hey Ron, I remember you, but send me an email with your last name so I can look up the files.
                Justin Starkey
                Shop vehicles:

Comment

i downloaded this just now and read it through... seems VERY basic to say the least.
                  2006 Mustang V6 Auto, 3.31 gears, Gt takeoff exhaust and h pipes, SCT x-cal2

Comment

Instead of commenting that it is just very basic, what are you looking for, so we can improve our documentation?

Thanks

Ryan

Comment

Agree with Prancing Pony...

The manual published at the top of this thread seems to be for your dealers. As an example, look at the picture of the SCT EX2 on the bottom of the black box it is shipped in. It shows: Spark:+2, idle RPM: +200rpm. Call me stupid but I don't have a clue on how to make these adjustments, nor does your manual explain these adjustments. When I purchased this several months ago, the impression was that this flash tool would allow me to do these adjustments out of the hand held device. Do I have to download more information to make minor adjustments? If so, let me know...Don't get the wrong idea, the performance of my 04 GT is stupendous!! When a stock 5-speed can't get past my auto @1/4 mile, I'm happy. But, I do need to make some transmission shift/speed adjustments for the around town driving. Please clue me in. Thanks..SN1002785

Comment

The spark, idle, are the on device adjustments.

Typically, these are values that you feel there is a reason to change for some reason. We put hours of R&D into the tunes, so typically most of the time adjustments like these are not needed, but since that is what customers demand, we have provided them the ability to adjust them.

When I adjust something, I datalog the vehicle first, and determine what I want to change, make the change, and then determine if the change improved what I was trying to work on. IE, adding timing, when it is increased, you can make more power, but at the risk of detonation, so you need to determine the point of diminishing returns.

Ryan

Comment

Your power settings are good.

Let's forget spark, air, maf and all the other stuff. I only used that as an example. The real questions are "how does a layperson make changes to shift pressure and shift points"???? I just went out and put the stock settings back in, ran it around the block, everthing is okay. Let's go from there. You guys have an excellent product, quit being so defensive. Please answer the two shift questions. Thank you.

Comment

Manual

thanks ever so much for the manual it is now saved for reference in my doc.
                            also the live link software is installed and i am going to attempt my first dataloging tomorrow on the track at texas world speedway. the custom tune provided by my dealer is working great i have no issues to address just want to know if anything has changed or needs tweaking
                            speedo is off about 7 mph fast at 70mph by a stock marauder but if that keeps me from getting stopped then ok by me.lol
                            keep up the good work

Comment

Shift points, for WOT, you typically want the vehicle to shift as closest to the rev limiter as possible, provided you are still making power at that point. By datalogging Vehicle Acceleration Rate, you can deterine if the shiftpoint is increasing or decreasing acceleration and adjust accordinly.

The transmission pressure, is how firm the shift will feel. Some people (typically mustang owners) like very firm, throw you back in the seat shifts, and will want the pressures to be setup as high as possible. Other people/applications will want the vehicle to be very smooth, and not noticable, these will want to run less pressure to get that effect. On a delivery truck you will probaly not want this kind of shifting effect, just like on a 600 rwhp car you will want a lot of shift pressure, so you don't burn up the clutches in the transmission without enough pressure.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                              X