This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Live Update // Flash Demo

This video instructs you on how to update the firmware on your XCalibrator2 using the Live Update software.

Using Live Update

Hey Eric,just ordered my tuner from Ted,what all do I need to do too get this program up and running?
    08 F250 Superduty Lariat
    Tan Leather/Moonroof/power sliding rear window/Adj.pedals
    Heated seats
    Factory 20"wheels
    6.4L/torqueshift
    12.5K hitch
    Tow command system
    Stabilizer bar package
    Upfitter switchs
    High idle
    SCT Extreme Tune v.1.02
    http://community.webshots.com/user/hdsilverado

Comment

Yes, me too, how do you get live update running?? Viewed the video but my PC does not recognize the SCT and I don't show any SCT device in my "device driver" list from the control panel......????

Comment

well im having the same problem. so whats the problem?i cant get past the browse button because i cant find that file thats supose to be on the dest top or any where else for that mater.written manual sure would be nice also.

Comment

me too

i need to get this ??? in order to use liveload2 files??? i am only able to search for llf not lf2....help

i have no LUF thati can tell....not on desktop

Comment

At the request of our dealers, they wanted the Live Load files to be changed to protect thier tunes, so a change was made to the format to allow for this and the Live Load program that accepts the LL2 files will be available soon.

Currently, your dealer can send you the files in a XTR file and can be loaded onto the device with Xtreme tune.

If your device is a 1.3 or 1.10 you do not need to run Live Update. If your device is a 1.3, you will need Live Update 2 when available to update your tuner for the ondevice datalogging. The 1.10 devices already have the functionality for this built in, and will need to be setup with Live Link for the functions you want to log.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@SCT
              At the request of our dealers, they wanted the Live Load files to be changed to protect thier tunes, so a change was made to the format to allow for this and the Live Load program that accepts the LL2 files will be available soon.

Currently, your dealer can send you the files in a XTR file and can be loaded onto the device with Xtreme tune.

Ryan
              Was that LLF files or LL2? My dealer sent me LLF files in anticipation of the upload utility becomeing available from SCT.
              George

2004 LSE: SCT/Xcal2 : Eibach Springs: KKM Induction: SSR GT10 3pc. Wheels

Comment

If your device is a 1.3 or 1.10 you do not need to run Live Update. If your device is a 1.3, you will need Live Update 2 when available to update your tuner for the ondevice datalogging. The 1.10 devices already have the functionality for this built in, and will need to be setup with Live Link for the functions you want to log.

Ryan
                Hi Ryan,
                When do you expect this update?

Thanks,

Comment

wanted the Live Load files to be changed to protect thier tunes, so a change was made to the format to allow for this and the Live Load program that accepts the LL2 files will be available soon.

Ryan
                  OK, where is the "idiot's guide to SCT"? I consider myself pretty good around a PC, and can fix a few minor things on my truck, but y'all got me on the acronyms here. Does my LLC plug into the XTR then get uploaded via the ODB and cause a MAF error? Or was that when my XTR file cross linked with the ZCF file? :)

Maybe once I can d/l the updated PDF doc these things will become clear. *shrug*
                  Last edited by Antacus; 03-20-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

error updating to 1.14 firmware:

I am using the LU2 file and I get this errror with my new XCAL2.

Using LiveLoad v.2.0.5

Please advise.

Thank you !
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by GIG4FUN; 08-29-2006, 07:52 PM.
                    '05 Mustang GT auto
                    '06 Mustang GT Stick
                    Pro Racer Package

Comment

Originally posted by GIG4FUN
                      I am using the LU2 file and I get this errror with my new XCAL2.

Please advise.

Thank you !
                      Uncheck backup and try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric@SCT

I will tomorrow evening. Thank you.

BTW, I would like access to the PRP forum. I did PM someone.... can you check in to it at all? thank you!
                        Russ
                        '05 Mustang GT auto
                        '06 Mustang GT Stick
                        Pro Racer Package

Comment

Originally posted by GIG4FUN
                          I will tomorrow evening. Thank you.

BTW, I would like access to the PRP forum. I did PM someone.... can you check in to it at all? thank you!
                          Russ
                          Your set now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric@SCT
                            Hello Eric, I have the same error when running it unchecked as well.

LiveLoad v. 2.0.5

Please advise.

Thank you,
                            Russ
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by GIG4FUN; 08-29-2006, 08:00 PM.
                            '05 Mustang GT auto
                            '06 Mustang GT Stick
                            Pro Racer Package

Comment

SCT: This remains unanswered. If you have seen it and are working on a solution please advise.

I used Advantage and changed my "spash screen" to see if it communicated in any "real" way. It did that just fine.
                              Thank you,
                              Russ
                              Last edited by GIG4FUN; 08-30-2006, 09:24 PM.
                              '05 Mustang GT auto
                              '06 Mustang GT Stick
                              Pro Racer Package

Comment

Working...
                              X