Hemi Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi Status?

Dave, I have been on the dyno for 2 days with some wild strokers for the HEMI, I sure could use a better option than changing out my injectors to move my curve around....

Any update? Still on firmware hold?
    Marty Fletcher
    SCT DCX Truck Tuner
    KRC Performance, Florida
    www.krcperformance.com
    (321) 635-8866

Marty, I'd like to see Dave pick at least two master hemi tuners <ahem> you and I, and let us work only fuel and timing control in a 1 bar environment. I'd be happy with that for an initial guinea pig release. :)
    Sean Powell
    SCT DCX Field Tuner
    KRC Performance
    www.krcperformance.com

Comment

You 2 guys crack me up !
      Take Care,
      Mr. Torrie R. McPhail
      www.FastPartsNetwork.com
      www.UnleashedTuning.com
      Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator
      2005 Black Twin hairdryer Ford GT 1105rwhp / 954rwtq
      2010 Roush Hammer 560rwhp / 522rwtq

Comment

Are there any new updates on when the Hemi trucks will be supported, Specifically 03 to 07s??

Comment

Here is a hard line question, Sorry to be so Frank.

There are people out there that are tuning these trucks on their own, They are manipulating timing and afr, basically remapping the whole computer of course they are not sharing.

My question is if they can do this on their own with just a lap top and a psc1-003, why is it so hard for the companies that make their living programming computers in vehicles?

I don't get it are we missing something here.

Comment

We are only using 1 and 0's and the factory hardware, strap on devices, are much easier to hack and make work, but it is not correctly calibrating the truck insead they are lying to the pcm to get the desired output.

Instead of a strap on device, we have to reverse engineering the factory control system, figuring out what each table is/does, checksuming the files, and then reflashing back into the ecm/tcm/pcm/vcm over OBD2. (I am skipping several other steps in the process as well for this post)

This is the simple version of it, if it was "easy" there would be hundreds of tuning companies, not just a few.

Ryan
            Last edited by Ryan@SCT; 10-23-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@SCT
              We are only using 1 and 0's and the factory hardware, strap on devices, are much easier to hack and make work, but it is not correctly calibrating the truck insead they are lying to the pcm to get the desired output.

Instead of a strap on device, we have to reverse engineering the factory control system, figuring out what each table is/does, checksuming the files, and then reflashing back into the ecm/tcm/pcm/vcm over OBD2. (I am skipping several other steps in the process as well for this post)

This is the simple version of it, if it was "easy" there would be hundreds of tuning companies, not just a few.

Ryan
              Do you guys realize how many people that own 5.7 liter Dodge Ram trucks that are waiting for a way to tune these trucks. I know its a lot easier to reprogram Ford and Chevy trucks, But the market for the tunning capabilities for a 5.7 Dodge Ram is probably greater than both Ford and Chevy trucks put together.

I know I'm sounding a bit hasty here but we have been waiting for tunning capabilities for 4 years, Times that by 25% of the 5.7 liter Dodge Ram trucks sold in the U.S. and its pretty substantial and probably very lucrative.

Comment

Oh yea, there are a ton of 5.7 folks waiting to jump onboard. I've been waiting for tuning options since my first Dodge truck back in '98. Got nothing. Then my '01 5.9 truck....nothing (but B&G)....now my '03.....and finally the doors are opening up for Dodge in general. lol
                Sean Powell
                SCT DCX Field Tuner
                KRC Performance
                www.krcperformance.com

Comment

Hey guys, Gadier here getting in the mix.
                  Last edited by 383HEMI; 10-26-2007, 06:38 PM.
                  383 cid 2004 Hemi Ram 1500 2wd R/C
                  In Desparate Need of a Real Tune

5.7 All Motor National Record Holder
                  12.88 @ 107

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@SCT

Ryan
                    How far are you guys as of now? I am just about to finish a 370" stroker build and I have a decent size custom cam going in there...I dont think it is going to idle without some sort of custom tune, so I am anxiously waiting to see what SCT has to offer.
                    2003 Dodge Ram RC/SB 2WD

Sharadon Performance 370" Forged Stroker
                    Sharadon Ported Heads (2.02/1.57)
                    Crane 216 Cam
                    XV Motorsports Intake Manifold
                    ...and a bunch of bolt-ons

Comment

Originally posted by HEMI450HP
                      How far are you guys as of now? I am just about to finish a 370" stroker build and I have a decent size custom cam going in there...I dont think it is going to idle without some sort of custom tune, so I am anxiously waiting to see what SCT has to offer.
                      Man I guess were all waiting
                      Al
                      Last edited by 12.46 HEMI; 11-06-2007, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Trust me you are all heard loud and clear.
                        Take Care,
                        Mr. Torrie R. McPhail
                        www.FastPartsNetwork.com
                        www.UnleashedTuning.com
                        Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator
                        2005 Black Twin hairdryer Ford GT 1105rwhp / 954rwtq
                        2010 Roush Hammer 560rwhp / 522rwtq

Comment

Some folks that ran across SCT at SEMA said they were told MAYBE December, surely first of the year though.
                          Sean Powell
                          SCT DCX Field Tuner
                          KRC Performance
                          www.krcperformance.com

Comment

it would be nice if someone from SCT would post up & answer how it's going with Hemi tuning. this is kinda like the Flashpaq forum, Ron or DCT may answer, or they may IGNORE you & your ???

custom Hemi tuning would be great. since Superchips probably isn't going to do any custom tuning, i'm anxiously waiting & watching to see what SCT comes up with.

Comment

Working...
                            X