Trans changes and deleting codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans changes and deleting codes

I have two main concerns with using the SCT for my new setup.

1. Can you change the trans type from auto to manual? I'll be switching to a 727 with manual vb, so the pcm will no longer need to control the trans and will pop codes if it's not getting signals from the trans sensors.

2. Can you delete misfire codes? I know that B&G and others have been able to delete these codes in their flashes so they don't show up with a big cam. I'm going to be running a 262/270 cam and I'd rather not see a cel for misfire codes.

Thanks.
    -Dave
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    425/W5/nitrous setup coming soon

There is a bit to change on the jtec controller tables to show what trans is present. There is a code to put in for a "manual" trans which would allow a 727 to be bolted up. I've not tested that in the trucks to see if it's as easy as that.

And there is a misfire test config table to enable/disable specific odbII tests that might take some testing to see which is the correct test to manipulate.
    Sean Powell
    SCT DCX Field Tuner
    KRC Performance
    www.krcperformance.com

Comment

Thanks Sean. This is Dave Downing btw, I e-mailed you from the Lincoln recently and we talked about me bringing the truck down from VA to you in NC.

Hopefully you, or someone else, will be able to test these features out, if we're ok on those two points, then I'll definitely be going SCT when my new setup is ready.

Thanks.
      -Dave
      '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
      425/W5/nitrous setup coming soon

Comment

I'll test it Friday.
        Marty Fletcher
        SCT DCX Truck Tuner
        KRC Performance, Florida
        www.krcperformance.com
        (321) 635-8866

Comment

Nice, a few jeep guys have been wanting to hear more about this. the 5 speed swap of the NV3500 into the 5.2/5.9 is starting to gather steam, i shall pass this along to them.

Comment

Working...
          X