99 Dakota 5.9 Sct dyno tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Dakota 5.9 Sct dyno tune

Ok, so I guess I am one of the first in the country to actually have the full package and get it on the dyno for this truck. Few questions, after doing the base test and sending the 3 bar map version to you guys to shrink down and making the first set of changes, the tranny is sticking in 1st gear, we arn't able to make a full run or do any WOT editing. It appears that with the 36lb injectors that there is enough injector but possibly not enough fuel being supplied as after 3500 rpm we arn't able to get the fuel to change, we had 2 exact fuel curves after making changes inbetween. Mike Wilson of Dallas Mustang is performing this tune, we spent all day wednesday on the dyno and I am going back next wednesday for more. We were able to get the fuel perfect at idle except it is still running rich down low, it takes a while to really get into boost. Mike said that there doesn't seem to be a lot of tranny editing avilable yet, will updates come for this, such as being able to control when tranny shifts based on speeds or rpm at w.o.t? Right now it seems that the truck performance wise ran better before the tune, except we arn't done yet that I know. Tech support hasn't helped us at all really, except with telling us we could try this and we can try that. A lot is riding on this tune from the customer stand point, it seems a lot of people are waiting to see the outcome from my tune. Any help would be appreciated!

You're not the first. I would suggest talking to KRC Performance. They have done several and have them working just fine. I have a 5.9L as well, but mine is an '02 Ram, and mine is closer to stock. Tunes working great for me.

Comment

I appreciate the info, I will definatly put in a call to krc tomorrow and will also let my tuner know. I am running so Pig rich down low it isn't funny, the motor actually bogs down. Just for shits I threw on the 16lb pulley and that pulley loved the rich fuel, but I don't intend to run that until the motor is built, on a 12lb and 9.5lb it is to much fuel down low. Thanks for the heads up, i'll get back on here after I talk to krc tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bondslayer
        I appreciate the info, I will definatly put in a call to krc tomorrow and will also let my tuner know. I am running so Pig rich down low it isn't funny, the motor actually bogs down. Just for shits I threw on the 16lb pulley and that pulley loved the rich fuel, but I don't intend to run that until the motor is built, on a 12lb and 9.5lb it is to much fuel down low. Thanks for the heads up, i'll get back on here after I talk to krc tomorrow.
        I would also suggest getting your fuel adaptives read and having your tuner adjust based on that.

I tuned an NA 4.7L that was running 27lb injectors, was way too rich all over the place. We were just tuning off of AFRs from his wideband at first, and only in the WOT range. Then after looking at his fuel adaptives, we made adjustments to the entire fuel table. Working great now. Adjusting for oversized injectors isn't too hard once you get it figured out.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks, do you have any idea why the tranny would be sticking in 1st gear at WOT? It didn't do this before the tune but it pegs all the way until fuel cut off, if I take my foot off the throttle for a second and smash it back down it shifts into the next gear.

Comment

Originally posted by bondslayer
            Awesome! Thanks, do you have any idea why the tranny would be sticking in 1st gear at WOT? It didn't do this before the tune but it pegs all the way until fuel cut off, if I take my foot off the throttle for a second and smash it back down it shifts into the next gear.
            Did you adjust the WOT shift target? We had a similar problem after trying to adjust the WOT shift target... If you did, set it back to stock and see what happens.

Comment

I am not sure, I spoke to my tuner today, he is an active reader of these forums, I also mentioned speaking with krc and he said he had spoken to marty prior to starting my tune, he said he has the same information as marty. Given we only had one day for my tune as I needed my truck back, my tuner focused mainly on having the truck driveable. This wednesday he is going to tackle a lot more of the tuning as I will be able to leave my truck for a few days if necessary. As far as I am concerned he didn't adjust any of the tranny settings, wednesday will be a new story! Wish us luck! only if datalogging was an option:(

Comment

Working...
              X