Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

error 55? whatsup?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • error 55? whatsup?

    i just got my sct flash tuner from a company that sponser of dodgetalk.com. for some reason when i connect it to my truck, it does the whole process of saving stock tune, and then reboots, but then keeps doing it again and again, it never installs the performance tune i choose. then sometimes it will pop up with some error 55 or something. is something wrong with my tuner? i have a 2005 dodge ram, apparently sct supports my truck year now

  • #2
    maybe its the firmware?

    Comment


    • #3
      What motor do you have, and is it drive by wire or cable throttle body?

      Ryan

      Comment


      • #4
        His would be a 4.7 2005 Ram which does NOT have ETC
        Sean Powell
        SCT DCX Field Tuner
        KRC Performance
        www.krcperformance.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bradleykavin
          i just got my sct flash tuner from a company that sponser of dodgetalk.com. for some reason when i connect it to my truck, it does the whole process of saving stock tune, and then reboots, but then keeps doing it again and again, it never installs the performance tune i choose. then sometimes it will pop up with some error 55 or something. is something wrong with my tuner? i have a 2005 dodge ram, apparently sct supports my truck year now
          I to am having issues with my 2005 4.7L Dodge Ram. Just got it and bang...Errors...........................

          Error 12-FS-ERR
          Error 13
          Error 39-Tune Corrupt
          Error 11-OBD-NoAutoDetect

          I called tech support as per my dealer. They had me pull and check all my fuses and reload the tune back on the hand unit itself. Now and the thing does is

          Error 11-OBD-NoAutoDetect__I asked the Tech guy on the phone what that means and they don't know.
          Anyone have a clue whats going on here???
          2005 Dodge Ram 4.7L
          "Don't Fear The Drone"

          Comment


          • #6
            i have a 2005 4.7 also, and thats what its doing..


            it saves stock tune, shuts off, then does it again over and over and over

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bradleykavin
              i have a 2005 4.7 also, and thats what its doing..


              it saves stock tune, shuts off, then does it again over and over and over
              Mine saved the stock tune like it does when you first plug it in and now when you try to put the tune in there....it jump right into

              Error 11
              2005 Dodge Ram 4.7L
              "Don't Fear The Drone"

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm about to give them a call to find out WTF is going on here. Whoever you guys talked to at SCT may not have been one of the Dodge people. Don't worry guys we'll get this taken care of.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i am on the phone with them righ tnow

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bradleykavin
                    i am on the phone with them righ tnow
                    What is the PCM part number? You can read it with tuner. Scroll down to DTC/Data Menu - press select - then scroll down to 'Read ECM info' and it will ask to turn the key on.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dave@SCT
                      What is the PCM part number? You can read it with tuner. Scroll down to DTC/Data Menu - press select - then scroll down to 'Read ECM info' and it will ask to turn the key on.
                      Dave,

                      PCM part number for both of these guys is 56028942AC.

                      I don't have your number. I tried calling Charlie to see if he could get a hold of you for me, no answer from him. Please give me a call.

                      -Josh

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i was just on the phone with one of your guys because i didnt understand how to do this. from what it seems all i could get was the ecm data or whatever

                        56028942ae

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dave@SCT
                          What is the PCM part number? You can read it with tuner. Scroll down to DTC/Data Menu - press select - then scroll down to 'Read ECM info' and it will ask to turn the key on.

                          I just went out and did that with mine. After it tells you to turn on the key it goes to.......

                          Error 11-OBD-NoAutoDetect
                          2005 Dodge Ram 4.7L
                          "Don't Fear The Drone"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Wasinger12
                            I just went out and did that with mine. After it tells you to turn on the key it goes to.......

                            Error 11-OBD-NoAutoDetect
                            This means that the tuner can't communicate with the PCM. Have you replaced the fuses you pulled?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dave@SCT
                              This means that the tuner can't communicate with the PCM. Have you replaced the fuses you pulled?
                              Yes, but I will go out and take another look just incase I missed something!

                              Edit: Took a look at them again and all is well. Still get the same end result "ERROR-11" it gives me that error on everything that tells you to turn the key. About the only thing I can do at this point with the unit is read the battery Voltage...thats about it.
                              Last edited by Wasinger12; 11-09-2007, 02:19 PM.
                              2005 Dodge Ram 4.7L
                              "Don't Fear The Drone"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X