Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCT flash tuner available for 1996 Dak 3.9 5 spd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrkindweiler
    sweet!

ok so now i need to have Tom flash my computer back to stock...

in a month or so im gonna be purchasing ported heads for this 3.9 and a more aggressive cam... should i wait until those are installed before buying the tuner and having a tune done? or?

and another question? when will the PRP version be available for my code?
    You should not need to have him flash back to stock. I tuned another truck that had one of his tunes on it, worked just fine without having him flash it back to stock first.

You may be able to get the PRP version for your code now... call SCT on that one.

Comment

the reason i want to have the PCM flashed back to stock is for 1 because there were no gains in power and so forth... and 2 so i get a refund on the flash. to help purchase the SCT

another question -- is there anyway (besides buying the tuner and pluggin in) to gurantee the PRP will work on my 1996?
      1996 Dakota CC 3.9 manual
      (built motor at 9.5:1 compression, hughes 208 V6 cam, milled heads, 1.6 hughes RRs, ported intake manifold, Tom Fox PCM flash, FMS 24# injectors, K&N FIPK, F&B 48mm tb, MSD coil & wires, JBA ceramic headers, underdrive pulleys, custom y-pipe to 2.5" Magnaflow muffler and high flow cat, 4.10 gears, trac-loc posi)

Comment

the reason i want to have the PCM flashed back to stock is for 1 because there were no gains in power and so forth... and 2 so i get a refund on the flash. to help purchase the SCT

another question -- is there anyway (besides buying the tuner and pluggin in) to gurantee the PRP will work on my 1996?

Well I see your tables, I see changes that I can make. The only thing that will prevent power increases is for the tuner to not be compatible. But it should work fine.
        Sean Powell
        SCT DCX Field Tuner
        KRC Performance
        www.krcperformance.com

Comment

ok great...

so i heard that i can pull/add fuel, mess with timing etc with the $600 xCal2 tuner. if so... what is the need for the PRP package?
          (built motor at 9.5:1 compression, hughes 208 V6 cam, milled heads, 1.6 hughes RRs, ported intake manifold, Tom Fox PCM flash, FMS 24# injectors, K&N FIPK, F&B 48mm tb, MSD coil & wires, JBA ceramic headers, underdrive pulleys, custom y-pipe to 2.5" Magnaflow muffler and high flow cat, 4.10 gears, trac-loc posi)

Comment

Pro Racer is if you think you need to make changes of the combo, constantly (like combo changes often) . Otherwise we can nail it for you within very little time. But you can mess things up easily too, like fuel wash the rings.

It will save your original flash as the stock. So if you ever want to return it back to that flash, you could. Currently we do not allow the end user adjustment, yet. Messing with the fuel is really our job, spark will be the first adjustment we will allow.
            Marty Fletcher
            SCT DCX Truck Tuner
            KRC Performance, Florida
            www.krcperformance.com
            (321) 635-8866

Comment

so the SCT tuner supports the PCM part number 04886900?

I had my PCM flashed by Tom Fox 3 times now... the first time he listed the part number as 04882979. after the flash he listed the partnumber as 04886900.

i dont get it?

the reason why Ive had the computer flashed so many times is because we cant get the right air/fuel ratio at WOT... so now im looking into the SCT tuner to tune this truck better...

Also im getting a more aggressive cam and ported heads for the 3.9 so i want to get the most out of the motor

I will have Tom flash the PCM back to stock if i could get the SCT for my PCM
              First off, 1996 JTEC ecu's don't use an alpha numeric part number. Unlike 1997 and newer pcm's which maintain the numeric part of the number and just change the last two letters to indicate the software version, 1996 JTEC's do a complete part number change and don't use any letters at the end of the part number. Your particular vehicle has had at least seven software updates: 56040914 -> 56040121 -> 04882979 -> 04886714 -> 04886769 -> 04886832 -> 04886900 . I have seen at least one example where SCT has not had the latest ecu file in their database. That being true, you might want to check all of the above part numbers.

I would check these for you, but I don't have the truck package, only the Viper package. Maybe someone can check these other part numbers to see if they come up.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Comment

thats interesting... i know the cover on my PCM and on the radiator support there is a sticker that says there was an authorized modification to the PCM and the part number is 04882979. but that was back in december of 1996. hope this helps

i greatly appreciate all of your guys' input! thanks
                Last edited by mrkindweiler; 10-26-2007, 12:46 PM.

Comment

The pcm # you supplied me was updated by SCT and is avail for programming. If you want to pursue a tune, let me know.
                  Sean Powell
                  SCT DCX Field Tuner
                  KRC Performance
                  www.krcperformance.com

Comment

I sure will.

Thank You

Comment

Working...
                    X