Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCT flash tuner available for 1996 Dak 3.9 5 spd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCT flash tuner available for 1996 Dak 3.9 5 spd??

Is this tuner available for my truck?

THANK YOU!
    Fed
    1996 Dakota CC 3.9 manual
    (built motor at 9.5:1 compression, hughes 208 V6 cam, milled heads, 1.6 hughes RRs, ported intake manifold, Tom Fox PCM flash, FMS 24# injectors, K&N FIPK, F&B 48mm tb, MSD coil & wires, JBA ceramic headers, underdrive pulleys, custom y-pipe to 2.5" Magnaflow muffler and high flow cat, 4.10 gears, trac-loc posi)

Originally posted by mrkindweiler
    Is this tuner available for my truck?

THANK YOU!
    Fed
    Need the part number from your PCM to verify support...

Comment

The part number is 04882979
      (built motor at 9.5:1 compression, hughes 208 V6 cam, milled heads, 1.6 hughes RRs, ported intake manifold, Tom Fox PCM flash, FMS 24# injectors, K&N FIPK, F&B 48mm tb, MSD coil & wires, JBA ceramic headers, underdrive pulleys, custom y-pipe to 2.5" Magnaflow muffler and high flow cat, 4.10 gears, trac-loc posi)

Comment

Originally posted by mrkindweiler
        The part number is 04882979
        Looks like a no go at this time... I can't pull it up in my software at least. Maybe someone from SCT will see this and add it. ;-)

Comment

please dont get my hopes up!! i want one!

im tired of going back and forth to Tom to flash my computer!!!!!

Comment

is SCT still in the process of designing these for a wider variety of Dakota PCMs??

Comment

Is that a complete PCM code ? Aren't 2 letter missing from it ?
              Take Care,
              Mr. Torrie R. McPhail
              www.FastPartsNetwork.com
              www.UnleashedTuning.com
              Ford/GM/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep SCT Custom Calibrator
              2005 Black Twin hairdryer Ford GT 1105rwhp / 954rwtq
              2010 Roush Hammer 560rwhp / 522rwtq

Comment

That's how those are listed. I do show an updated # of 04886900
                Sean Powell
                SCT DCX Field Tuner
                KRC Performance
                www.krcperformance.com

Comment

so the SCT tuner supports the PCM part number 04886900?

I had my PCM flashed by Tom Fox 3 times now... the first time he listed the part number as 04882979. after the flash he listed the partnumber as 04886900.

i dont get it?

the reason why Ive had the computer flashed so many times is because we cant get the right air/fuel ratio at WOT... so now im looking into the SCT tuner to tune this truck better...

Also im getting a more aggressive cam and ported heads for the 3.9 so i want to get the most out of the motor

I will have Tom flash the PCM back to stock if i could get the SCT for my PCM
                  Last edited by mrkindweiler; 10-17-2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

anybody...

Comment

I will ask SCT to add that pcm code.
                      Sean Powell
                      SCT DCX Field Tuner
                      KRC Performance
                      www.krcperformance.com

Comment

awesome thank you!

please keep me updated

Comment

I can now tune your processor code.
                          Sean Powell
                          SCT DCX Field Tuner
                          KRC Performance
                          www.krcperformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by KRC Field Tech
                            I can now tune your processor code.
                            Sure can, they added it. :D

Comment

sweet!

ok so now i need to have Tom flash my computer back to stock...

in a month or so im gonna be purchasing ported heads for this 3.9 and a more aggressive cam... should i wait until those are installed before buying the tuner and having a tune done? or?

and another question? when will the PRP version be available for my code?

Comment

Working...
                              X